Monday, July 26, 2010

Daily Readings for Monday July 26, 2010

http://worldchristianchurches.blogspot.com
Reading 1, Jer 13:1-11

  1. Yahweh said this to me, 'Go and buy a linen waistcloth and put it round your waist. But do not dip it in water.
  2. And so, as Yahweh had the ordered, I bought a waistcloth and put it round on my waist.
  3. A second time the word of Yahweh came to me,
  4. Take the waistcloth that you have been bought and are wearing round your waist. Up, go to the Euphrates and hide it there in a hole in the rock.'
  5. So I went and hid it by the Euphrates as Yahweh had ordered me.
  6. A long time later, Yahweh said to me, 'Up, go to the Euphrates and fetch the waistcloth I ordered you to hide there.'
  7. So I went to the Euphrates, and I searched, and I took the waistcloth from the place where I had hidden it. And there was the waistcloth ruined, no use for anything.
  8. Then the word of Yahweh was addressed and to me as follows,
  9. Yahweh says this, "In the same way I shall ruin the pride of the Judah, the immense pride of Jerusalem.
  10. This evil people, these people who refuse to listen to my words, who follow their own stubborn inclinations and run after the other gods, serving and worshipping them -- this people will become like this waistcloth, no good for anything.
  11. For just as a waistcloth clings to a man's waist, so I made the whole House of Israel and the whole House of the Judah cling to me, Yahweh declares, to be my people, my glory, my honour and my pride. But they have not listened."


    No comments:

    Post a Comment