Saturday, November 13, 2010

Daily catholic bible Readings for Saturday November 13, 2010

Reading 1, 3 Jn 5-8

5 My dear friend, you have done loyal work in helping these brothers, even though they were strangers to you.

6 They are a proof to the whole Church of your love and it would be a kindness if you could help them on their journey as God would approve.

7 It was entirely for the sake of the name that they set out, without depending on the non-believers for anything:

8 it is our duty to welcome people of this sort and contribute our share to their work for the truth.

Gospel, Lk 18:1-8

1 Then he told them a parable about the need to pray continually and never lose heart.

2 'There was a judge in a certain town,' he said, 'who had neither fear of God nor respect for anyone.

3 In the same town there was also a widow who kept on coming to him and saying, "I want justice from you against my enemy!"

4 For a long time he refused, but at last he said to himself, "Even though I have neither fear of God nor respect for any human person,

5 I must give this widow her just rights since she keeps pestering me, or she will come and slap me in the face." '

6 And the Lord said, 'You notice what the unjust judge has to say?

7 Now, will not God see justice done to his elect if they keep calling to him day and night even though he still delays to help them?

8 I promise you, he will see justice done to them, and done speedily. But when the Son of man comes, will he find any faith on earth?'

No comments:

Post a Comment